8 April 2022
Scotland Excel Conference 2022
Online conference tickets available to book now
Scotland Excel is preparing to host its annual event for the local government sector – with this year’s event set to focus on Scotland's Green Economic Recovery, supporting climate change and sustainability objectives as we move towards a Net Zero Scotland. The event will take place online on Wednesday 18th May - and tickets are now available!
The conference will deliver content through individual sessions, across seven sessions which you will be able to join via your laptop, tablet or mobile.
The sessions are:
- Session 1 - The local authority landscape 2022 - Alan Russell, Chief Executive, Renfrewshire Council
- Session 2 - Keeping 1.5 Alive; mobilising climate and social action through collaboration, innovation and leadership - Roddy Yarr, Head of Sustainability, Strathclyde University
- Session 3 - Be part of the solution - The climate emergency: policy to action - facilitated by Scotland Excel's Barry Phillips, Grant Montgomery and Gary Mooney
- Session 4 - Turning 'waste into opportunity' through Circular Cities and Regions, Zero Waste Scotland
- Session 5 - Advancing towards net zero buildings - Kelly Nugent, Senior Procurement Specialist, Scotland Excel, Duncan Smith, Operations and External Affairs Director, Association for Environment Conscious Building
- Session 6 - Supply chain disruption, development and resilience - Mary Mitchell, Strategic Programme Manager, Scotland Excel
- Session 7 - Cheating or competing? Understanding and spotting price fixing, cartels and serious organised crime - Sean McNabb, Director - Cartels, Competition and Markets Authority
The event is free of charge and open to delegates from across Scottish local government, as well as other organisations with a community focus such as housing associations, transport partnerships and the third sector.
There is a great mix of speakers and contributors lined up - for full details including session timings, please click this hyperlink which will take you to our Eventbrite booking website. You can book all seven sessions if you wish or specific sessions to fit in with your schedule.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries.