About this framework
Framework period: 1 February 2021 to 31 January 2024 (with an option to extend to 31 January 2025)
Scotland Excel’s domestic furniture and furnishings framework allows members to buy a comprehensive range of domestic furniture and furnishings, enabling people to live independently or to be supported in temporary accommodation via the Scottish Welfare Fund. Now in its third generation, previous iterations of the framework have delivered outstanding community benefits and has exemplified how procurement can make a real social and environmental impact.
Best practice sustainable procurement initiatives have been embedded in this new generation of the framework. It includes a supply base committed to delivering the creation of full and part-time employment, modern apprenticeships, and first-class environmental sustainability initiatives. It includes a lot dedicated to reuse furniture, a successful working example of circular economy practices. It has provided supply chain opportunities for supported businesses, meeting the target of the Scottish Government’s Sustainable Procurement Duty.
As with all our frameworks, this contract was developed in close consultation with an active user intelligence group formed from representatives of Scotland Excel’s membership, and external stakeholders with expertise in health and safety and sustainability.
- Suppliers with expertise in niche market of supply, delivery, installation and disposal of domestic furniture and furnishings.
- A well-established core list of both new and reuse furniture and furnishings products.
- A supply base committed to delivering an outstanding community benefits programme.
- Embedded sustainable and environmental procurement initiatives.
- Suppliers to the framework represent a mix of company sizes from local micro enterprises to medium.
- The framework includes suppliers from the third sector, social enterprises and, through a second tier of the supply chain, supported businesses.
- One year of fixed pricing.
- Most awarded suppliers are accredited to or pay the Real Living Wage.
CF Services Limited
New Two Limited
Oscorp Inverclyde Limited
The Furnishing Service Limited
Community Resources Network Scotland
The domestic furniture and furnishings framework is available to all Scotland Excel local authorities and associate members. It is particularly relevant for members operating within the following sectors:
- Social Welfare Fund
- Temporary Accommodation
Over the course of three generations the Domestic Furniture and Furnishings framework has won multiple awards at a national level for its delivery of community benefits and sustainable procurement practises.
Further information on Scotland Excel’s domestic furniture and furnishings framework is available in our members area.
If you are not yet a member, and would like to know more about the framework, please contactus.