Scotland Excel is committed to providing services of the highest standard. But we do understand that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a concern or are dissatisfied in any way, we’ll do our best to help resolve the situation in a fair and transparent way.
Scotland Excel will investigate all complaints competently, diligently and impartially obtaining additional information as necessary. Every complaint will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair outcome for you.
Our commitment to you
We’ll thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer a fair response that will take into account all the information available to us.
We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly, within three working days if possible. If this is not possible we will:
- within 3 working days, provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them
- keep you updated on the progress of your complaint, and
- within 2 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will either write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing this response or explain why we are not in a position to give you a final response and let you know when we expect to be able to provide it.
We may not always provide the answer you are looking for, but we’ll make sure we offer a clear explanation for our decision.
How to make a complaint
We recommend that you use our contact form to make a complaint so that we can ensure it is passed to an appropriate member of staff and our response to you is tracked.
Information you will need to provide:
- your name and organisation
- details of how we can contact you
- a clear description of your complaint
- details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation
- if appropriate, copies of any relevant supporting documentation
How we will handle your complaint
Stage 1: In the first instance, your concerns will be raised with the team providing the service. They will look into your complaint and try to resolve it.
Stage 2: If you feel we have not yet resolved your complaint, you can ask us to escalate the complaint to an appropriate member of our Senior Management Team.
Stage 3: If you are still unhappy with the way the complaint has been dealt with, you can escalate your complaint to our Chief Executive. You will find our head office address and telephone number in the footer below or you can contact us by email:
Our Chief Executive will ensure that your complaint is investigated by an appropriate member of our Executive Team and provide you with a final response on behalf of Scotland Excel.
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
If you are still dissatisfied with our final decision or the way we have handled your complaint or investigation, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at it.
The SPSO are an independent organisation that investigates complaints. They are not an advocacy or support service. You can contact the SPSO online, by phone or in writing.