The Scotland Excel Academy is delighted to provide a range of short training courses available through the Scottish Government's procurement and commercial training framework. Designed for Scottish public procurement professionals, the courses provide an excellent and cost-effective route for skills and career development.
Our programme of short courses covers the full spectrum of procurement activities from tendering to contract management. We also offer courses in key skills such as negotiation and risk assessment, and there are courses tailored for specific sectors such as construction.
Organisations can commission courses for their staff through 'call off' from the Scottish Government's framework. Courses are available for full and half days, and can be tailored to the specific training needs of your organisation. Further details are available on the Scottish Government's website.
We also offer an open programme of courses throughout the year with individual places that can be booked by anyone from the Scottish public sector and registered charities. Visit our events and training section for more information on upcoming courses.
Explore all workshop topics
- Alternative Routes to Market
- Category Management and Strategic Sourcing
- Contract and Supplier Management
- Contract Law: Terms And Conditions
- Experiential Learning about Procurement
- Frameworks and Mini Competitions
- Finance for Procurers
- Identifying and Assessing Risk
- Introduction to International Trade
- Introduction to NEC4 Contracts
- Introduction to Negotiation
- Introduction to Public Procurement
- Managing the Tender Process
- Practical Negotiation
- Procurement of Works
- Service Level Agreements/KPI’s
- Specification Writing and Development
- TUPE and Procurement
- Use Of Evaluation Criteria for Supplier Selection and Contract Award
- Value for Money through Cost/Price Analysis
Need help with selecting a course?
The procurement development framework is an online self-assessment tool for Scottish public procurement professional which can be used to assess skills, identify training needs and support career planning.
What our delegates say...
"Possibly the best training course I have attended. Chris was incredibly well versed and enthusiastic about the subject. Not once did I wonder how long was left until we finished, I could've listened to him all day! I would thoroughly recommend this course to colleagues."
Delegate, Introduction to Public Procurement,