About this framework
Framework period: 11 October 2019 until 15 September 2023
Scotland Excel’s care home for adults with learning disabilities including autism framework provides members with easy and efficient access to a range of care home services. Some supported persons may have profound and multiple learning disabilities or complex needs where a care home is the best way to meet their personal outcomes. It is also for people who require support in a care home before moving on to more independent services to live safely in the community.
The framework can re-open annually throughout its four-year duration to allow new providers to join. This approach ensures a diverse range of services and providers are available to promote choice and meet the varying needs of people who need support.
As with all our frameworks, this contract was developed in close consultation with stakeholders, including the Scottish Government, COSLA, Care Inspectorate, health and social care professionals, and social care providers. It is fully compliant with all legislative requirements and was developed in line with Scotland Excel’s sustainable procurement approach.
- Introduces a single procurement approach to allow commissioners more time to focus on ensuring that individual needs are understood, and that care packages support these.
- Scotland Excel provides hands-on support to care commissioners to help them adopt the framework for new and reassessed care packages.
- All providers are registered with the Care Inspectorate and have attained a grade of ‘4’ or above for all quality themes at their most recent inspection.
- The financial status and insurance cover of all providers has been assessed to ensure the delivery of safe and sustainable services.
- Pricing is calculated as a weekly core price, with transparency on any additional service costs that may apply to provide services in more remote areas and/or for complex support needs.
- The framework supports payment of the Real Living Wage and Fair Work principles by ensuring that Real Living Wage costs, pension commitments, travel time and mileage as part of the tendered price.
- Providers on the framework represent a mix of micro, small, medium, and large organisations from the private, public and third sectors.
- Providers provide additional social value through a range of initiatives including training for family members and carers, dedicated community engagement officers and modern apprenticeships.
- Service variations can be made any time throughout the framework period to allow providers to add or amend services.
- Scotland Excel’s ongoing development and management of the flexible framework ensures that it continues to deliver quality and choice for people using care and support services throughout its lifecycle.
Archway (Respite Care & Housing) Limited
Camphill Blair Drummond Trust Ltd
Caring Homes Healthcare Group Ltd
Community Integrated Care
Consensus Support Services Limited
Cygnet (OE) Limited
Deanston House Limited
Enable Glasgow Branch
Enhance Healthcare Ltd
Garvald West Linton Ltd
Parkcare Homes (No.2) Ltd
Real Life Options
Sanctuary Care (Combined) Limited
Stoneywood Care Services Ltd
The Mungo Foundation
The Richmond Fellowship Scotland Limited
Voyage 1 Limited t/a Voyage Care
The care homes for adults with learning disabilities including autism framework is a specialist care framework used by councils through their health and social care partnerships (HSCPs).
Service specifications for this framework incorporate the revised Health and Social Care Standards which seek to enhance outcomes and ensure that individuals are treated with respect and dignity, and that human rights are upheld.
Further information on Scotland Excel’s care homes for adults with learning disabilities including autism framework is available in our members area.
If you are not yet a member, and would like to know more about the framework, please contactus.