About this framework
Framework period: 1 October 2019 until 31 August 2022 (with the option to extend for up to 12 months until 31 August 2023)
The community meals framework provides a mechanism to procure community meals that can be delivered to people in their own homes, community venues and council premises and assists with the national policy aims of enabling older people to remain independent for longer in their own homes whilst providing people with a well-balanced healthy nutritious meal.
For many service users in Scotland, community meals are more than the meal itself. The visit from their community meals delivery driver eases the effects of social isolation and loneliness. The delivery of community meals also provides much needed wellbeing and safety checks, which are crucial for those that may not see anyone else and provide a vital preventative service that may reduce malnutrition-related admissions to hospital.
As with all our contracts, this contract was developed in close consultation with stakeholders. It is fully compliant with all legislative requirements and was developed in line with Scotland Excel’s sustainable procurement approach.
- The financial status and insurance cover of all providers has been assessed to ensure the delivery of safe and sustainable services.
- The framework supports payment of the Real Living Wage and Fair Work principles.
- A range of sustainable measures are delivered by suppliers, including reductions in emissions, packaging, water consumption, energy use and waste to landfill, the implementation of driver efficiency and fleet management measures and the introduction of reusable packaging and sustainable products.
- Suppliers provide additional social value through a range of initiatives which encourages suppliers to work collaboratively and innovatively to deliver local community benefits.
- Detailed management information reporting to understand placement patterns in relation to the national picture and to inform good practice across the sector.
I Care (GB) Limited
I Care (GB) Limited
The Community Meals framework can be used by all Scotland Excel local authorities and associate members and the Scottish Government.
The framework includes assessment of nutritional content in relation to National Association of Care Catering (NACC) guidelines. 96% of meals currently offered meet these guidelines.
Further information on Scotland Excel’s community meals framework is available in our members area.
If you are not yet a member, and would like to know more about the framework, please contactus.